CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2012

Adjusting

Noah has been home from the hospital for 5 days and I couldn't be more thankful!!!  There is always an adjustment period but the first night having all 4 of my kids under the same roof again was an incredible feeling.  I went into the boys' room several times just to check on them and smiled.

We don't have any answers....that would have been too easy.  I understand that the main objective in the hospital is to make sure the child is no longer feeling suicidal, learns new coping strategies, and has the opportunity to practice them.  But, since this is where I am completely honest about things, it would have been really nice if the psychiatrist would have finished the testing/evaluations that we had started prior to his hospitalization.  I had been promised that they would do that....but they didn't.  Instead, they put him on meds because the few disorders he MIGHT have would be helped by this medication, made sure he didn't have any immediate side effects, and told us to follow up with his therapist.  Fantastic!!! (said dripping with sarcasm)  It's a frustrating process but no one said parenting was easy, right?!?!?!

Right now I'm thankful my son's moods are stable and he's home where he belongs!

0 comments: