CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2 years ago -- January 11, 2007



My precious little Eli,

How quickly the past 2 years have gone. But I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Daddy & I knew you were a miracle from the moment we found out we were expecting you. I started bleeding very early on and had some blood work done. My midwife called on a Saturday morning and told me to get to the pharmacy and pick up my progesterone prescription and start it immediately. She said she'd talk to me more about it the following week but it was very important that I start on it right away. I did, of course. When we met together the following week she told me about my blood work. When a woman miscarries her progesterone level is usually at the lowest 11 and mine was at 5! She was shocked that I hadn't miscarried and said that you were really meant to be! I agreed and thanked Jesus right away for keeping you with us.

Fast forward 9 months....I had a routine doctor appointment that morning and I didn't expect too much to happen since it was still 2 weeks before you were due. Much to my surprise, and the doctor's, my blood pressure had gone up in 1 week and I was retaining water enough to cause them to worry. I was beginning to dialate so my doctor went ahead and called the hospital. They had a few open beds and told me to come on down!

I went home and woke Daddy up. He had worked almost all night so he was catching up on some sleep. I told him that you were coming today and he just about flew out of bed. While Daddy was getting ready, I called Gramma Theda and asked if Noah, Abby, & Joey could spend the night because we were heading to the hospital. Of course she said "yes" and asked if we could stop by the tell your brothers and sister.

When we got to Gramma's house, your siblings were THRILLED you were about to be born. Noah wanted to come to the hospital with us but we told him that he could meet you first thing in the morning.

We got to the hospital and filled out lots and lots of paperwork. After about 5 hours of waiting, the doctor came in and broke my water. It was 5:00 pm and I was only 3 cm at that point. Things went fast and furious from that point on. I got very frustrated during labor with the blood pressure cuff that they insisted I keep on my arm and with the monitors they kept re-positioning to keep tabs on your heartrate. At 7:38 pm I told the nurse and Daddy that I had to push. At 7:39 pm I started pushing and at 7:40 pm you were born. Pretty good!
You were a beautiful sight! You cried briefly and then settled into my arms. Our eyes met and I fell in love with you.

Today you are running, climbing, saying a few words but communicating with us in your own way, playing with cars, building with Legos, coloring with crayons, dancing, pretending to be a t-rex, playing with your siblings, and laughing a lot! I cannot imagine our lives without you. You are definitely a miracle and God's precious and amazing gift to us.

I love you, my sweet boy!

0 comments: