CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

God never said life would be easy...

This is the most difficult blog post I've written -- mostly because it makes me vulnerable -- but I promised myself when I started blogging that I would be honest with my posts.


It's no secret that Jeff and I have had many ups and downs in our marriage -- specifically in the last few years. From this post everyone knows how seriously I take my marriage vows -- the ones I wrote -- and how committed I am to making my marriage work. There also need to be boundaries and 1 person can only take so much. That's what this post is all about.


Jeff and I are separating. The kids and I are moving in a little over a week to a house a couple miles away that we'll be renting. The kids will be going to a new school and are excited about our adventure. When I talked to them about it, Abby asked "Mom, did you pray about this first?" I said "Absolutely, yes" to which she responded, "ok - then we're doing the right thing." They are wise beyond their years.


We have lost our home in foreclosure - something I've fought with everything I have to avoid. Jeff will have time to stay in our current house before he'll need to find another place.


I would appreciate all the prayers I can get during this time -- especially for the kids -- that they will always know how much they are loved and cherished: by me and, most importantly, by God.


8 comments:

Kristin

Hugs and prayers!!!!!!!!!! You are so strong and a loving mother and I know it will be okay. Hang in there!!!!!

Holly

prayers for you and your family! Just remember that God is good All of the time....even when it doesnt seem like it!

Mommy Missionary

I'm so sorry to hear all that you are going through. I'll be praying for you guys.

trooppetrie

praying, this is a hard time, praying for the children too

Danna

Lifting you guys up in prayer.

Joy

I'm so very sorry. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Tanya

New to your blog. I will be praying for you and your family.

Wendy

Take heart, dear Karlynn, Abby is right. Praying for all of you...this new path will be a challenge but the Father will guide you every step of the way and it will be alright. Love to you all!