CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Lasagna casserole

I made this for supper tonight and it was a huge success!!!! 5 out of 6 of us liked it which is what makes a HUGE success in my book. So I thought I'd share the recipe with my "mommy readers". Let me know if you try it and what the outcome is for your family.

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
****I used 12 oz of mild Italian sausage instead of the ground beef/onion****
salt (I omitted)
pepper, to taste
1 pound medium shell pasta, cooked and drained
****any pasta can be used...next time I'll use whole grain pasta****
1 pound (4 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
****I used 2% skim shredded mozzarella cheese****
1 carton (24 oz) small-curd cottage cheese
****I used 1% cottage cheese****
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
****I used Barilla Tomato and Basil pasta sauce****

In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, set aside. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining pepper; stir gently. Pour into a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish. Top with the beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be FULL). Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I served this with a salad, fresh veggies, and garlic rolls. Yummmmm!!!!! Enjoy!

0 comments: