CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Heartache

I have started and deleted this blog post so many times over the past 2 weeks.  It's been such a long time since I've blogged at all but when I started this blog I promised to be honest and real.  So, here it goes....again.  

It's no secret that Jeff and I have had our marriage issues over the past several years.  I have blogged about the ups and downs and have admitted my failures.  Jeff told me the 2nd week of April that he needed time on his own to think and process the direction his life is going and he would be looking for an apartment.  Things had not been good between us for awhile so it came as no shock to me.  The kids took the news as well as could be expected.  Noah and Abby cried.  Joey and Eli were very matter-of-fact about it all.

He moved out 2 weeks ago today.  It has been an incredibly difficult 2 weeks.  The kids have had their emotional breakdowns at different times.  Being there to hold them while they cry, pray with them, attempt to give some type of advice to help them process this when it's tearing my heart apart as well.

I have no idea if he'll be back or not.  I don't feel it's a decision that needs to be made at this moment.  There's a lot of hurt and pain and much prayer going on.  I would appreciate any prayers for us....prayers that the kids, especially Noah who seems to be having the most difficult time, would feel Jesus' love and peace; that I would have clear direction for the future and the wisdom to know the right words to say to comfort my children.

We claim Jeremiah 29:11 -- "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."