CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 26, 2010

journey to health

I am on a quest to lose weight and get healthy! Isn't that every woman's quest at one time or another??? I'm glad you asked. The "losing weight" part has certainly been my quest many times in my life. In fact, even when I didn't need to lose weight, I tried.

People who have known me for a long time know that I've struggled for years with almost every eating disorder out there. I starved, I purged (with laxatives), I starved and purged, I overate, I abused ephedrine (meaning I took over the recommended amount per day).....but that was never about being healthy. Eating disorders are never about losing weight....most everyone knows that.....it's about what's going on in your head. I have dealt with the "issues in my head" and I have no desire to go back down that road. My quest now is about being strong and healthy and a good rolemodel for my children....especially my daughter.

That being said, I want to share my "journey to health" with you. Every Friday I'll share my results from the scale (not the actual number but the number of pounds I'm down...or up) and some tips that have worked for me during the week. Also during the week, I will share healthy recipes or meal ideas that have worked well.

I actually started this quest 2 weeks ago. Last Friday (March 19) I was down 4 pounds that week. Today I was down 7 more pounds last week! I have never lost that much weight in 1 week and I lost it in a healthy way!!!! I have honestly never eaten so much food in my life.

Here are my tips from this week:
  • Never ever ever skip meals! Eat something every 3 hours --- protein protein protein!
  • Breakfast is very important!
  • Give up soda -- even diet soda. It isn't good for you and just makes you want more and more. Use Crystal Lite to help make the switch to water. Also squeeze fresh lemon juice in your water for some extra flavor.
  • Make time to exercise! Start out by taking a walk. Any amount of time is better than nothing but work up to 45 minutes.

That's it for now. Thanks for taking this journey with me.

0 comments: